11 July 2012

One of those nights I don't feel like a failure!

Chad has class on Wednesdays so I was flying solo.  Fail one, McDonalds.  Fail two, we watched a lot of Phineas and Ferb (with a little Wonder Years for Mommy).  Outside of those two faux pas the night was so uneventful that it's noteworthy.

I bathed the boys, something that is way more work when you have a needy 13 week old baby to simultaneously keep happy.  I got them dressed and got the bath ready for Em.  I bathed her and fed her.

She's always eats after a bath, so she had to be last.  She's taken to cluster feeding in the PM which I'm mostly okay with since she sleeps a long time at night.  However, it makes doing anything with the boys more difficult when I'm solo.  Enter TV time.  She ate and ate but then went to sleep. She sleeps in a pack n play in our room.  We were gifted an amazing one (since I had given away the one I used with the boys) and it had a "newborn napper".  She slept awesome in it from the day we brought her home.  Sadly, she outgrew it and we removed it last week.  Since that time she is hit and miss about sleeping in the regular flat bassinet part of the pack n play (what the boys slept in when we first brought them home).  So, there have been nights she has either had to start the night in the swing or at least ended in it since it has a similar shape but better fit than the napper.  However tonight was a hit!  She went down in the bassinet and I didn't even have to go in and replace a paci once!

The boys finished the show that was on, I read them a book, and they went to bed.  They have gotten out a time or two but for the most part I think they are now down for the night.

And that, my friends, is a successful night.  Though I'm nowhere near super mom rank, I think I may be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment