27 December 2011

Christmas flop

So. . . Christmas was a flop.  Chad's sickishness turned out to be an actual thing and by Christmas morning, I was feeling terrible, too.  We didn't get to go to Crescent and are hoping to make it this coming week.  Jude started sneezing this morning and Lennon was coughing in the night and has had a runny nose off and on since Christmas.  I think it's time to get out the humidifier and hope that we can nip this in the bud.  I really, really want to go to Crescent this weekend!  We've got big plans to reveal the gender of Meap to the family (and you guys will have to wait, too).

Thankfully, our little Christmas celebration at home was nice and the boys haven't even torn up the playroom because they have been so busy playing with the new toys in their room.  I think they both are really happy with what they got!

Not much more to say other than one of these days I'm going to have really deal with these feelings I've been work VERY hard to repress about my mom.  There were numerous times that I started to think about it and would be on the verge of tears and would just basically change the subject in my mind or otherwise so I wouldn't cry.  I'm known for this.  I don't know if this is what denial is and is an acceptable stage of grief or if I'm just setting myself up to be a crazy person forever.  I was horribly grumpy on Christmas eve as a way to cope, too.  I just don't want to cry.  I guess because I know it won't fix anything.  Tears are forming so I'm going to cut this short because as I've already shared, it's what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment