05 December 2011

Making his/her internet debut. . .

I would like to take a moment to introduce you to the newest addition to our crazy family.

This is Meap (alternately known as Little Murray Sparkles).  Please ignore my horrible attempt to edit my name and patient info out-- I'm no professional at it.

In this first one, Meap's hand is up in front of the face in a thumb sucking position. . . maybe (s)he has already picked up big brother's habit.


Here Meap's arm is up by his/her face.  The face is turned toward us and it really looks like (s)he is waving at us.


This one is another profile photo and it looks like his/her hand is resting on top of his/her head and you can see four little fingers!  Also, what a cute little nose!



Chad is the only one that knows the gender but I'm convinced that it is another boy.  I guess we shall see in April when this little munchkin will be joining us.  We had an excellent ultrasound today and all looked well.  He/she has been very active this afternoon while I was scanning the photos as well as this morning when they were trying to get a good look during the ultrasound. Little one already weighs 13 oz. and had a heart rate of 149. (Though it's all based on an old wives tale and is just for fun, babybpm.com says that with the gestational age and heart rate that it's a boy, too, hehe).  We are just over half way there and we are over the moon.  After our previous losses, it was hard to be certain we'd make it this far and we have been on pins and needles the entire time.  I don't think this will ever be an entirely laid back pregnancy (though I'm lucky and have never experienced complications after the first trimester) but we are starting to relax a little.

We haven't settled on any names yet but have quite an extensive list to choose from.  However, that list is primarily divided between ones he likes and ones that I like.

I guess that is all for now. . .Check back here occasionally for updates on little Meap.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, looking at the ultrasound pics again made me remember one more thing I said in the lost comment -- I love the one with the four precious fingers and cute little nose! My fav!

    ReplyDelete