So after what seems like three weeks (and probably actually was) of dealing with a cold and then random stomach bug, I'm finally feeling better! Slowly but surely I'm making progress on the house. We still have some clutter issues. Let's just say that 6 mos. worth of paper that needs to be gone through and filed isn't really something I'm looking forward to! It's really not that bad but it's much worse than I am comfortable with. I did manage to finally weed through the toys and move the toy box into the boys room yesterday. It looks like the last thing that we really need to handle in cleaning out the playroom is moving or finding an alternative to the desk/bookcase. I had been pretty overwhelmed with the playroom since before Christmas but after Christmas the whole room looked like we'd seen some sort of natural disaster. There was just so much stuff strung all around it. It was terrible. I feel like getting it picked up and their toys sorted through is a major accomplishment! I still have a long way to go with the house to get it where I'm comfortable with it again but I'm really relishing this rather small accomplishment. My only goals for this week were the toys and laundry. After being so sick for so long, I think it was a perfect goal and I'm really pleased that it has been realized.
Earlier this week I also found out that I'm anemic. It's really no big deal but it does effect how much energy you have. It's a common thing in pregnancy and I just have to take an additional iron supplement for it. I had it with Lennon, too. I'm hoping that once I get my iron levels back where they should be that I'll have a lot more energy and really get things going around here! Until then, it's just small goals and keeping things caught up.
We have less than 100 days before we get to meet the baby! The nurse called Wednesday to find out when I wanted to do my c-section so that we can get on the surgery schedule. There is a long rant to go along with this and I'll probably post something about it after I have a chance to talk to my doctor about it on Tuesday. Let's just say they want to do it earlier than I'm comfortable with because of over-inflated concerns about my history (water breaking at 36w 6d with Jude). If we do it when they want to, she'll be here in less than three months! That seems absurdly close to me, especially since we haven't really had a chance to buy much of anything for her and silly me gave everything away so we really are starting from scratch. Oh well, as unprepared as I feel, I'm still anxious for the time to pass and to have her here and in my arms. I'm just not really going to relax and feel comfortable with this pregnancy.
Well, it's time to motivate myself again and get that laundry taken care of and get dinner (Chili! Yum!) started.
Hope everyone has a good weekend, I'm feeling good about ours!
No comments:
Post a Comment