First of all, I would like to say an extra big THANK YOU, to Eric and Megan for coming over this weekend to help us out with this major project! We couldn't have done it without them!!
Before:
During:
 |
| Pencil drawings of the trees beside paint samples. The two on the right are the ones I chose and the pink on the left is a sample Chad picked up when he went to Lowes without the paint sample cards. We knew before we put it on the wall that it wasn't in the running but wanted to see what it looked liked. |
 |
| Working on the detail of the trees. They changed strategies a couple of times but settled on a great one that made the work go much faster. |
 |
| Megan got in there and helped by working on the green while the boys worked on the trees. If she hadn't jumped in, they might not have gotten it all done before they left on Sunday evening. |
 |
| Eric working on the trees. |
After:
 |
| Big brother Lennon chilling in Em's room |
 |
| The wall with the window and the wall with the closet are only green. |
 |
| Looking into the room from the doorway. |
 |
Looking toward the door. I love this tree for the detail over the door and the little carved heart!
|
 |
| The carving detail. So sweet. Chad did that for me! |
I love this room. I keep going in there trying to figure out how to arrange the furniture but I don't want to put anything in there. I just want to enjoy it as it is and don't want anything to detract from how it looks. My photography skills aren't that great and the pictures really don't even do it justice. I have been a little pensive about the color of pink we settled on, I was thinking a tad lighter (it looks a bit darker IRL than shows up in the photos), but it's sunk in to my brain now and I really love it. I love the green even more. I would paint my bedroom in that color I love it so much.
We still have some furniture that needs to move back into the nursery and then it will be mostly ready. I am painting her name letters and some small shelf boxes in the same color of pink to hang on the two walls that don't have any trees to tie it all together. We still have to get some curtains and a dust ruffle for the crib and then her room will be complete!
My due date is one month from today!! I can hardly believe it. I have a feeling she will come before the 20th, though. It's actually probably wishful thinking though. I just don't want the doctor to feel like we need to induce to increase my chances of VBA2C. I want her to come when she's ready. I started having some swelling in my feet over the weekend. It isn't terrible but noticeable. I hadn't had any trouble with swelling this time around like I had with the boys. With Lennon, I couldn't really go two hours away in my 3rd trimester or my feet would be huge by the time we got there. Something about this makes me wonder if she won't be coming sooner too, though the logic is kind of skewed.
I'm so pleased to have things finally coming together and prepared for her. Now we are ready to just wait on her to join us!
No comments:
Post a Comment