Here I am, still waiting. I guess I misunderstood the receptionist yesterday that the results were in and the doctor just hadn't looked at them. Apparently they weren't there last night and they didn't arrive today, either. I get to wait the rest of the weekend. . . I burst into tears the minute we hung up. The waiting is terrible!
There is good news, though. I've been doing more and more reading about what it seems is going on and of all the things we could be dealing with, this really is a pretty easily dealt with one. If my levels are high, then I'll have to have other preventative treatments or tests to make sure she isn't being harmed. Other than that the bulk of the actual treatment will be for Em in the first few weeks after she is born until my antibodies fully exit her blood. There are treatments available that are fully effective at helping remove the toxins, particularly bilirubin, before they become harmful to her body. For all of this, I'm very thankful. A short stay in the NICU is a small price to pay for a healthy baby though. It seems that modern medicine has taken a big part of the danger out of this condition and that as long as it monitored and managed properly, she will be fine. This is what I'm hanging on to this weekend when all we can do is wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment