19 March 2012

The weekend was a success!

We  got the nursery ready this weekend.  I say we, but honestly I can take NO credit for it.  All of the work was done by Chad, Eric, and Megan.  They did a great job but you'll just have to take my word for it for the time being.  I took some pictures but when I inserted the SD card from the camera it wanted me to format it, and though I denied it, I still couldn't access the 60 or so pictures from the last couple of weeks on it.  I'm going to try and access the pictures using the cord from the camera (if I can find it) or use the printer.

So for now, you'll have to take my word for it that the room looks awesome.  Chad also put the crib together last night and it is more beautiful than I could have imagined, too.  It is way more sturdy and solid than the crib we used for the boys but it actually ended up costing about the same with the 25% coupon we got for trading in the much worn and chewed on older crib.  I'm so pleased with it.

The house is still in disarray because of all of the stuff out of the nursery but I think that in the next few weeks we'll be able to wrap those things up and here soon our house will finally be homey again!  I can't wait!

9 comments:

  1. I didn't know you guys were having a girl!!! What is her name??? I so miss you on FB! I have no idea what going on it your life, I guess I should check my blog more often. I love you guys. email me sometime!
    thadandmandie@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her name is Emeline Frances. Not a big fan of Linda or Sue but my mom was nearly named Emily after my grandfather Emil, and Chad vetoed Emilie but loved Emeline. It's pronounced Emma-lynn. Frances was Chad's grandmother's name. We wanted to do something to memorialize them both. We are hoping to try for VBA2C so she could arrive any time in the next several weeks! We'll be in Crescent this weekend if you guys happen to be there, we'd love to see you. FB makes me crazy but not being on there, I miss out on a lot. I don't plan on going back, though.

      Delete
  2. I understand. I have thought of getting away from it too! But, alas, I need it for business.
    I don't think we'll be around. :( We rarely get up that way anymore.
    I love the name! I thought it was pronounced Emma-line so I'm glad you cleared that up! Ha ha ha!
    Are you having a home birth? I didn't think that would do a vbac after 2 c-sections. At least they wouldn't for me. :(
    Hope you're doing well! We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No home birth! We are doing at the hospital that both of the boys were born at (where Chad works). I want the security of an OR being right there. We have went through too much to have this baby be healthy to lose her because of uterine rupture. I finally found a provider that would let me try a trial of labor and attempt a VBAC. Coincidentally, from Megan, Eric's wife. She has a friend in OKC that drove to Tulsa to this guy. Things would be even more favorable if I hadn't had a repeat c/s with Lennon. If only I could have found this guy then!He estimates that my chance of a successful VBA2C is about 80%. He is one of the few doctors in the state that is willing to do it and he has a c/s rate of less than 10%. I probably would have ended up staying with my other dr. if it hadn't been for her initially scheduling a RCS before 39 weeks even though the current guidelines say that RCS must be scheduled after 39 weeks unless there is a medical necessity. She tried to make the fact my water broke at 36w6d as some medical reason worthy of an earlier than necessary RCS.

    Bummer that you guys won't be in town this weekend. I hope we can get somehow get together sometime. That would be awesome! We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I would be nervous about a home birth too, but I think they are BEAUTIFUL!! Ha ha ha!
    Man I wish I could have found a dr. like that. I will probably just have another c-section if that time ever comes. I'm so proud of you for trying a vbac. I wish I could to that, but I have had 3 c-sections and am pretty sure, aside from a home birth, vaginal birth is out of the question. :(
    We should get together soon! Well, maybe after your little sweetie is born, you probably have zero interest in traveling right now! Ha ha ha!
    I'm so excited for you guys! A sweet little girl! They are so wonderful. :) Are you planning on having any more, or is she your last?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After having to have an emergency c/s with Jude b/c of the cord being around his neck putting him in severe distress, I just don't think I could do it without having an OR and a NICU in the same place I deliver. I love the idea of a home birth but I'm just much too much of a worrier that something would go wrong and especially after our three losses, I just don't think I could handle it if a decision I made was the cause of something going wrong for the baby.

      Emeline is definitely our last. In fact, Chad is having his vasectomy tomorrow. We would have had it done after we had Lennon but our hospital and insurance are Catholic and it wasn't an option. Of course, we are overjoyed the way things have worked out and to be expecting Emeline but we realistically know that more is out of the question for so many reasons. Since I would have had to have had a separate surgery even if I end up with a c/s, we decided it would be best for him to do it.

      Delete
  5. I get that. It's stressful. After having all the trouble we did with Isaiah, I feel a lot the same way. I do think I would do a home birth if I had more moral support from my family, but that's not going to happen.
    I plan to get my tubes tied after we have our forth, whenever that will be. I figure they are already in there, there's no reason to have Thad have a surgery too! Ha ha ha! I know at Mercy in OKC, they do it all at the same time.
    I am so excited for you! Little girls are wonderful! I may have already said that, but it's so true it deserves to be said twice! Ha ha ha! Let us know when she comes! We are praying for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought Mercy was Catholic? At our (Catholic) hospital, they won't do any sterilization procedures at all. No tubals, vasectomies, etc. Of course, our stupid insurance (through the stupid hospital) won't even pay for birth control. Sigh. I do wish we could have avoided having to have a separate procedure for either one of us. That would have been so much better!

    It's looking like it will still be awhile before Emeline is here. I'm 38 weeks tomorrow and there are no signs of labor yet. Saturday, I will be as pregnant as I've ever been. With Jude my water broke at 36w6d and I had my RCS with Lennon at 38w1d. It's weird being pregnant this long. :) Can't wait until she's here!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet! I can't wait to see her!!
    I do know that at Mercy, when they asked if I wanted a tubal, they said something about having to have the c-section somewhere else if I did. That may be the issue with that. But they were going to do it the same day and all that.
    I'm so excited for you guys. I can't wait to have another, but that will be a while.

    ReplyDelete